More about Al Awali
Discover the Hidden Gems of Al Awali in Mecca
Al Awali is a hidden gem in Mecca, Saudi Arabia that is often overlooked by tourists. This neighborhood is located in the eastern part of Mecca, near the Al Haramain high-speed railway station. Al Awali is a quiet and peaceful area, perfect for travelers who want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
One of the most interesting facts about Al Awali is that it is home to the King Abdulaziz Endowment Project, which is a massive development project that aims to expand the capacity of the Grand Mosque in Mecca. This project includes the construction of a new wing that will add 78,000 square meters of space to the mosque, allowing it to accommodate up to 2.5 million worshippers at once.
Top Reasons to Visit Al Awali on Your Next Trip to Saudi Arabia
Al Awali is a neighborhood that offers a unique experience for travelers visiting Mecca. Here are some of the top reasons why you should consider staying in Al Awali:
- Peaceful and quiet: Al Awali is a residential area that is far from the noise and crowds of the city center. If you're looking for a peaceful and quiet place to stay, Al Awali is the perfect choice.
- Proximity to the Grand Mosque: Al Awali is located just a few minutes away from the Grand Mosque, making it a convenient location for travelers who want to visit this important religious site.
- Affordable accommodations: Compared to other neighborhoods in Mecca, Al Awali offers more affordable accommodations without sacrificing quality.
How to Travel to Al Awali Hassle-Free
The easiest way to get to Al Awali is by taking the Al Haramain high-speed railway from Jeddah or Medina. This train station is located in the heart of the neighborhood, making it a convenient location for travelers.
If you're arriving at King Abdulaziz International Airport in Jeddah, you can take a taxi or a private car to Al Awali. The journey takes around 1 hour and 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
Unforgettable Experiences: Fun Things to Do in Al Awali
Although Al Awali is a quiet neighborhood, there are still plenty of things to do and see in the area. Here are some of the top attractions and activities in Al Awali:
- Visit the Grand Mosque: The Grand Mosque in Mecca is one of the most important religious sites in the world. As a guest of Al Awali, you'll be just a few minutes away from this iconic landmark.
- Explore the King Abdulaziz Endowment Project: This massive development project is worth a visit for its impressive architecture and design.
- Go shopping: Al Awali has several shopping centers and malls, including the Al-Rashed Mall and the Al Andalus Mall.
Why Book Your Al Awali Hotel with Agoda.com?
Agoda.com offers a wide selection of hotels in Al Awali, Mecca, ranging from budget-friendly options to luxury accommodations. By booking your hotel with Agoda.com, you can enjoy the following benefits:
- Best price guarantee: Agoda.com offers the best prices for hotels in Al Awali, Mecca. If you find a lower price elsewhere, Agoda.com will match it.
- Easy booking process: Agoda.com's booking process is simple and hassle-free. You can book your hotel in just a few clicks.
- 24/7 customer support: If you have any questions or concerns, Agoda.com's customer support team is available 24/7 to assist you.
The Best Time to Visit Al Awali: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Al Awali is during the winter months, from November to February. During this time, the weather is mild and pleasant, making it ideal for outdoor activities and sightseeing.
If you're planning to visit during the summer months, from June to August, be prepared for hot and humid weather. It can be challenging to explore the city during this time, so it's best to plan indoor activities or visit during the early morning or late afternoon.
Traveler's Tips: What You Need to Know Before Visiting Al Awali
Here are some tips to help you prepare for your trip to Al Awali:
- Dress appropriately: As a conservative Muslim country, Saudi Arabia has strict dress codes for both men and women. Make sure to dress modestly and cover your shoulders and knees when visiting public places.
- Plan ahead: Al Awali is a quiet neighborhood, so it's best to plan your itinerary in advance to make the most of your trip.
- Respect local customs: Saudi Arabia has strict laws and customs, such as the prohibition of alcohol and public displays of affection. Make sure to respect these customs to avoid any legal issues.
Where to Stay in Al Awali: A Guide to the Best Accommodations
Al Awali has several great hotels and accommodations that cater to different budgets and preferences. Here are some of the best hotels in Al Awali:
- Anjum Hotel Makkah: This luxury hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Grand Mosque and offers stunning views of the city. The hotel features several restaurants, a fitness center, and a spa.
- Al Safwah Royale Orchid Hotel: This 5-star hotel is located in the heart of Al Awali and offers spacious rooms and suites with modern amenities. The hotel also features a restaurant, a fitness center, and a business center.
- Dar Al Eiman Al Khalil Hotel: This budget-friendly hotel is located just a few minutes away from the Grand Mosque and offers comfortable rooms with basic amenities. The hotel also features a restaurant and a business center.
A Culinary Journey in Al Awali: What to Eat and Where to Find It
Al Awali has several great restaurants and cafes that serve delicious local and international cuisine. Here are some of the must-try dishes in Al Awali:
- Mandi: This traditional Saudi Arabian dish consists of tender meat (usually lamb or chicken) cooked with rice and spices in a clay pot.
- Shawarma: This popular Middle Eastern dish consists of grilled meat (usually chicken or beef) wrapped in a pita bread with vegetables and sauces.
- Kabsa: This aromatic rice dish is a staple in Saudi Arabian cuisine and is usually served with chicken or lamb.
Some of the best restaurants in Al Awali include Al Baik, Al Tazaj, and Al Khozama. These restaurants offer a variety of local and international dishes at affordable prices.