More about Bien Unido
Discover the Hidden Gem of Bohol: Bien Unido
Bien Unido is a small town located in the northern part of Bohol, Philippines. Despite its size, it is a hidden gem that offers a lot of exciting things to see and do. One of the town's most notable features is its pristine beaches that are perfect for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports. Bien Unido is also known for its rich marine life, making it a popular destination for diving enthusiasts.
Top Reasons to Visit Bien Unido, Bohol
One of the top reasons to visit Bien Unido is its natural beauty. The town boasts crystal-clear waters and white sandy beaches that are perfect for a relaxing getaway. The town's marine sanctuary is also a must-visit, where visitors can see a variety of marine life, including colorful corals, tropical fish, and sea turtles.
Bien Unido is also a great destination for adventure seekers. The town offers a range of water sports activities, including snorkeling, diving, and kayaking. Visitors can also explore the town's lush forests and hills by hiking or biking.
Another reason to visit Bien Unido is its rich culture and history. The town has a number of historical landmarks, including the Bien Unido Watchtower, which was built during the Spanish colonial period. Visitors can also learn about the town's traditional fishing practices, which have been passed down from generation to generation.
Getting to Bien Unido: A Quick Guide
The easiest way to get to Bien Unido is by flying to Tagbilaran City, which is the capital of Bohol. From Tagbilaran, visitors can take a bus or van to Bien Unido, which takes around 2-3 hours. Alternatively, visitors can also hire a private car or take a taxi.
Fun Things to Do in Bien Unido, Bohol
There are plenty of fun things to do in Bien Unido, whether you're looking for adventure or relaxation. Here are some of the top activities to try:
- Snorkeling and diving: Bien Unido is known for its rich marine life, making it a great destination for snorkeling and diving. The town's marine sanctuary is a must-visit, where visitors can see a variety of fish, corals, and other marine creatures.
- Island hopping: There are several small islands near Bien Unido that are worth exploring. Visitors can hire a boat and go island hopping to see stunning beaches, hidden coves, and beautiful rock formations.
- Beach bumming: Bien Unido has several beautiful beaches that are perfect for a relaxing day in the sun. Visitors can swim, sunbathe, or simply enjoy the scenery.
- Hiking and biking: For those who love the outdoors, Bien Unido has several hills and forests that are great for hiking and biking. Visitors can explore the town's lush landscapes and enjoy stunning views of the sea.
Book Your Bien Unido Hotel with Agoda.com
When it comes to booking a hotel in Bien Unido, Agoda.com is the best choice. The website offers a wide range of hotels and accommodations to suit every budget and preference. Whether you're looking for a luxury resort or a budget-friendly guesthouse, Agoda.com has you covered.
One of the top hotels in Bien Unido is Soi Suites, which offers comfortable rooms and excellent amenities. The hotel is located near the town's beaches and is a great base for exploring the area.
Another great option is Jao Bay Resort, which is known for its stunning views of the sea. The resort has a range of rooms and villas to choose from, as well as a restaurant and bar.
Nichos Island Resort is another popular hotel in Bien Unido, offering guests a peaceful and relaxing stay. The resort has a private beach, a swimming pool, and a restaurant serving delicious local and international cuisine.
The Best Time to Visit Bien Unido, Bohol
The best time to visit Bien Unido is during the dry season, which runs from November to April. During this time, the weather is sunny and dry, making it perfect for outdoor activities and beach bumming. The wet season, which runs from May to October, can be rainy and humid, but it is still a good time to visit if you don't mind occasional showers.
Travel Tips for a Memorable Bien Unido Experience
Here are some travel tips to help you make the most of your visit to Bien Unido:
- Bring sunscreen and insect repellent: The sun can be strong in Bien Unido, so make sure to bring sunscreen to protect your skin. Insect repellent is also a must, especially if you're going hiking or exploring the forests.
- Respect the marine sanctuary: When snorkeling or diving in the town's marine sanctuary, make sure to follow the rules and respect the marine life. Do not touch or disturb the corals and fish, and avoid using any chemicals that can harm the environment.
- Learn about the local culture: Bien Unido has a rich culture and history, so take the time to learn about the town's traditions and customs. You can visit the local museum or talk to the locals to learn more.
Where to Stay in Bien Unido, Bohol
When it comes to choosing a place to stay in Bien Unido, there are several options to consider. If you're looking for a luxury experience, Jao Bay Resort is a great choice. The resort offers stunning views of the sea, as well as excellent amenities like a swimming pool and a restaurant.
For a more budget-friendly option, Soi Suites is a great choice. The hotel offers comfortable rooms and is located near the town's beaches and attractions.
Nichos Island Resort is another popular option, offering guests a peaceful and relaxing stay. The resort has a private beach, a swimming pool, and a restaurant serving delicious local and international cuisine.
Must-Try Food and Drinks in Bien Unido, Bohol
Bien Unido is known for its delicious seafood dishes, which are a must-try for any visitor. Some of the top dishes to try include grilled squid, kinilaw (a type of ceviche made with raw fish), and sinigang (a sour soup made with fish or shrimp).
For drinks, try the local coconut wine or tuba, which is made from fermented coconut sap. You can also try the local coffee, which is grown in the nearby hills and has a rich and full-bodied flavor.
How to Travel Around Bien Unido
The best way to travel around Bien Unido is by tricycle, which is a common mode of transportation in the Philippines. Tricycles are inexpensive and can take you to most places in the town. You can also rent a motorbike or a bicycle if you prefer to explore on your own.