More about Virgin Island
Discover the Hidden Gem: Virgin Island in Bohol, Philippines
If you're looking for a pristine and secluded beach getaway, Virgin Island in Bohol, Philippines should definitely be on your list. This small island is located just off the coast of Panglao Island, and is known for its crystal-clear waters and powdery white sand. What makes Virgin Island unique is its untouched beauty, as it has remained relatively unknown to tourists despite being a popular destination among locals.
5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Virgin Island
1. Unspoiled Beauty: Virgin Island boasts a stunning beach that is unspoiled by commercial development. The island is surrounded by crystal-clear waters, and the sand is so fine that it feels like powder under your feet. The island is also home to a variety of marine life, making it an ideal spot for snorkeling and diving.
2. Secluded Location: Virgin Island is located just a short boat ride away from Panglao Island, but it feels like a world away from the hustle and bustle of the mainland. The island is relatively unknown to tourists, so you can enjoy a peaceful and secluded beach experience.
3. Local Culture: While Virgin Island is a popular destination among locals, it has not yet been commercialized for tourists. This means that you can experience the local culture and way of life, including the traditional fishing practices of the islanders.
4. Water Activities: Virgin Island is a great spot for water activities such as snorkeling, diving, and swimming. The island is surrounded by coral reefs, which are home to a variety of marine life. You can also rent a boat and explore the nearby islands.
5. Relaxation: With its tranquil and secluded location, Virgin Island is the perfect place to unwind and relax. You can lounge on the beach, take a dip in the crystal-clear waters, or simply enjoy the stunning views.
How to Get to Virgin Island and Make the Most of Your Trip
To get to Virgin Island, you need to take a boat from Alona Beach in Panglao Island. The boat ride takes around 30 minutes, and you can either rent a private boat or join a group tour. It is recommended to book your boat ride in advance to avoid any delays or inconvenience.
Once you arrive on the island, you can rent a cottage or a table for the day. There are also vendors selling food and drinks on the island, so you don't have to worry about bringing your own supplies. You can spend the day lounging on the beach, swimming, snorkeling, or simply enjoying the stunning views.
Fun Things to Do Near Virgin Island: A Guide for Travelers
While Virgin Island is a great destination in itself, there are also plenty of fun things to do near the island. Here are some ideas:
- Island Hopping: You can rent a boat and explore the nearby islands, such as Balicasag Island and Pamilacan Island. These islands are known for their stunning beaches and rich marine life.
- Dolphin Watching: You can go on a dolphin watching tour and see these playful creatures in their natural habitat. The best time to go dolphin watching is early in the morning, when the waters are calm and the dolphins are most active.
- Beach Hopping: There are plenty of beautiful beaches to explore in Bohol, such as Alona Beach and Dumaluan Beach. You can spend the day lounging on the beach, swimming, or trying out water activities.
Why Book Your Hotel Near Virgin Island with Agoda.com
If you're planning a trip to Virgin Island, it's important to find the right accommodation that suits your needs and budget. Agoda.com offers a wide range of hotels and resorts near Virgin Island, ranging from budget-friendly options to luxury accommodations.
Booking your hotel with Agoda.com is easy and hassle-free. You can browse through a variety of options, read reviews from other travelers, and compare prices to find the best deal. Agoda.com also offers 24/7 customer support, so you can get assistance anytime you need it.
The Best Season to Visit Virgin Island and Enjoy Its Beauty
The best time to visit Virgin Island is during the dry season, which runs from November to May. During this time, the weather is sunny and dry, making it ideal for beach activities and water sports. The water is also clearer during the dry season, which is perfect for snorkeling and diving.
Expert Tips for Travelers Planning to Visit Virgin Island
- Bring Cash: There are no ATMs or banks on Virgin Island, so it's important to bring enough cash for your expenses.
- Pack Sunscreen: The sun can be intense on the island, so it's important to pack sunscreen with a high SPF to protect your skin.
- Bring Snorkeling Gear: If you plan to go snorkeling, it's recommended to bring your own gear as there are no rental shops on the island.
- Respect the Locals: Virgin Island is home to a small community of locals, so it's important to respect their customs and way of life.
Where to Stay Near Virgin Island: Top Accommodations to Book
If you're looking for a place to stay near Virgin Island, there are plenty of options to choose from. Here are some of the top accommodations to consider:
- Henann Resort Alona Beach: This luxury resort is located on Alona Beach, just a short boat ride away from Virgin Island. The resort features spacious rooms, a swimming pool, and a private beach.
- Bohol Beach Club Resort: This beachfront resort is located on Panglao Island, just a short boat ride away from Virgin Island. The resort features a swimming pool, a spa, and a restaurant.
- Panglao Regents Park: This budget-friendly hotel is located on Panglao Island, just a short boat ride away from Virgin Island. The hotel features clean and comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, and a restaurant.
- South Palms Resort: This luxury resort is located on Panglao Island, just a short boat ride away from Virgin Island. The resort features spacious rooms, a swimming pool, and a private beach.
- Alona Vida Beach Resort: This beachfront resort is located on Alona Beach, just a short boat ride away from Virgin Island. The resort features clean and comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, and a restaurant.
What to Eat Near Virgin Island: A Foodie's Guide to Bohol
Bohol is known for its delicious and unique cuisine, which is a blend of Spanish, Chinese, and Filipino influences. Here are some of the must-try dishes near Virgin Island:
- Seafood: Being an island destination, seafood is a staple in Bohol. You can try fresh fish, crabs, shrimps, and other seafood dishes at local restaurants.
- Lechon: Lechon is a popular Filipino dish that consists of a whole roasted pig. It is usually served during special occasions, but you can find it at local restaurants in Bohol.
- Peanut Kisses: Peanut Kisses are a popular souvenir from Bohol. These bite-sized treats are made from ground peanuts and sugar, and are shaped like small kisses.
- Kalamay: Kalamay is a sticky rice cake that is made from coconut milk, sugar, and glutinous rice. It is a popular dessert in Bohol, and is usually served during special occasions.
How to Travel Around Virgin Island
Virgin Island is a small island, and you can easily explore it on foot. There are no cars or public transportation on the island, so walking is the best way to get around. If you plan to explore the nearby islands or go dolphin watching, you can rent a boat from the locals.