More about Na Kae
Discover the Hidden Gems of Na Kae, Nakhon Phanom, Thailand
Na Kae is a small district located in the province of Nakhon Phanom, Thailand. Despite its size, Na Kae is a hidden gem that boasts a rich cultural heritage and stunning natural beauty. The district is known for its serene temples, lush forests, and picturesque rice paddies. Na Kae is a perfect destination for travelers who are looking for an off-the-beaten-path experience.
Top Reasons to Visit Na Kae for Your Next Getaway
There are plenty of reasons why you should visit Na Kae for your next getaway. First and foremost, the district is home to some of the most beautiful temples in Thailand. Wat Phra That Na Kae, for instance, is a stunning temple that sits on a hilltop and offers breathtaking views of the surrounding countryside. Another reason to visit Na Kae is its natural beauty. The district is home to several national parks, including Phu Langka National Park, which is known for its lush forests, waterfalls, and wildlife. Finally, Na Kae is a great destination for foodies. The district is known for its delicious local dishes, including spicy papaya salad, grilled chicken, and sticky rice.
How to Get to Na Kae: Your Ultimate Travel Guide
Getting to Na Kae is relatively easy, but it requires some planning. The nearest major airport to Na Kae is Nakhon Phanom Airport, which is located about 60 kilometers away. From the airport, you can take a taxi or a bus to Na Kae. Alternatively, you can take a bus from Bangkok to Nakhon Phanom and then take a local bus or a taxi to Na Kae. Once you're in Na Kae, the best way to get around is by renting a motorbike or a bicycle.
Unleash the Fun: Things to Do in Na Kae
Despite its small size, Na Kae has plenty of fun activities to offer. One of the best things to do in Na Kae is to visit its temples. Wat Phra That Na Kae is a must-visit temple that offers stunning views of the surrounding countryside. Another temple worth visiting is Wat Phra That Phanom, which is located about 40 kilometers away from Na Kae. The temple is one of the most important Buddhist sites in Thailand and attracts thousands of visitors every year. If you're a nature lover, you can explore Phu Langka National Park, which is home to lush forests, waterfalls, and wildlife. Finally, if you're a foodie, you can explore the local markets and try some of the delicious local dishes.
Book Your Na Kae Accommodation with Agoda.com
If you're planning to visit Na Kae, you'll need a place to stay. Agoda.com offers a wide range of hotels in Na Kae that cater to different budgets and preferences. Some of the best hotels in Na Kae include Tara Resort, Suanyang Resort, Suanyang Resort 1, and Suanyang Resort 2. These hotels offer comfortable rooms, friendly staff, and great amenities, including swimming pools, restaurants, and spas.
Best Time to Visit Na Kae: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Na Kae depends on your preferences and interests. If you're a nature lover, the best time to visit is during the rainy season, which lasts from May to October. During this time, the forests are lush, and the waterfalls are at their best. If you're a foodie, the best time to visit is during the local festivals, which are held throughout the year. Finally, if you're looking for a quiet and peaceful getaway, the best time to visit is during the dry season, which lasts from November to April.
Travel Tips for Your Next Na Kae Adventure
Here are some travel tips that will help you make the most of your Na Kae adventure:
- Pack light and bring comfortable clothes and shoes.
- Carry a map or a GPS device to help you navigate the district.
- Learn some basic Thai phrases to help you communicate with the locals.
- Respect the local customs and traditions, especially when visiting temples.
- Try the local food and drinks, but be careful with spicy dishes if you're not used to them.
- Bring insect repellent and sunscreen, especially if you're planning to explore the national parks.
Where to Stay in Na Kae: Agoda.com's Top Hotel Picks
Agoda.com offers a wide range of hotels in Na Kae that cater to different budgets and preferences. Here are some of the best hotels in Na Kae:
- Tara Resort: This hotel offers comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, and a restaurant. It's located near Wat Phra That Na Kae and is a great option for travelers who want to explore the temples.
- Suanyang Resort: This hotel offers spacious rooms, a swimming pool, and a restaurant. It's located near Phu Langka National Park and is a great option for nature lovers.
- Suanyang Resort 1: This hotel offers comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, and a restaurant. It's located near the local markets and is a great option for foodies.
- Suanyang Resort 2: This hotel offers comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, and a restaurant. It's located near Wat Phra That Phanom and is a great option for travelers who want to explore the nearby temples.
Taste the Flavor of Na Kae: Must-Try Food and Drinks
Na Kae is known for its delicious local dishes, which are a must-try for any foodie. Some of the must-try dishes in Na Kae include:
- Spicy papaya salad: This salad is made with shredded green papaya, tomatoes, chili peppers, and lime juice. It's spicy, tangy, and refreshing.
- Grilled chicken: This dish is made with marinated chicken that's grilled over charcoal. It's juicy, flavorful, and perfect for meat lovers.
- Sticky rice: This rice is cooked with coconut milk and is sticky and sweet. It's a great side dish for any meal.
- Lao-style sausage: This sausage is made with ground pork, garlic, chili peppers, and lemongrass. It's spicy, savory, and perfect for snacking.
To wash down these delicious dishes, you can try some of the local drinks, such as:
- Nam manao: This drink is made with lime juice, sugar, and water. It's refreshing and perfect for hot days.
- Beer Lao: This beer is a popular drink in Laos and Thailand. It's light, crisp, and goes well with spicy food.
- Thai iced tea: This tea is made with black tea, condensed milk, and sugar. It's sweet, creamy, and perfect for dessert.
Getting Around Na Kae: Your Transportation Guide
The best way to get around Na Kae is by renting a motorbike or a bicycle. Motorbikes are available for rent at most hotels and cost around 200-300 baht per day. Bicycles are also available for rent and cost around 50-100 baht per day. If you're not comfortable driving, you can take a tuk-tuk or a taxi. Tuk-tuks are available in the town center and cost around 50-100 baht per ride. Taxis are also available, but they're more expensive and less common than tuk-tuks.