More about Quintrell Downs
Discover the Hidden Gems of Quintrell Downs in Newquay, UK
Located on the outskirts of Newquay, Quintrell Downs is a small village that boasts a unique blend of natural beauty and old-world charm. The village is surrounded by lush greenery and rolling hills, making it a popular destination for nature lovers and outdoor enthusiasts. Despite its small size, Quintrell Downs has a lot to offer, from picturesque walking trails to local pubs and restaurants.
Top Reasons to Visit Quintrell Downs on Your Next Trip
Quintrell Downs is a hidden gem that offers a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life. Here are some of the top reasons to visit Quintrell Downs on your next trip:
1. Natural Beauty: Quintrell Downs is surrounded by stunning natural beauty, including rolling hills, green fields, and lush forests. The village is also just a short drive from some of the most beautiful beaches in Cornwall.
2. Outdoor Activities: If you love the great outdoors, Quintrell Downs is the perfect destination for you. The village is home to several walking trails that offer stunning views of the surrounding countryside. You can also go cycling, horse riding, or fishing in the nearby rivers and lakes.
3. Local Pubs and Restaurants: Quintrell Downs has a few local pubs and restaurants that offer delicious food and drinks. The village is also just a short drive from Newquay, where you can find a wide range of dining options.
How to Get to Quintrell Downs: Your Ultimate Travel Guide
Quintrell Downs is located just a few miles from Newquay, making it easily accessible by car or public transport. Here's how to get to Quintrell Downs:
By Car: If you're driving, you can reach Quintrell Downs via the A30 or the A39. The village is just a short drive from Newquay and is well-signposted.
By Train: The nearest train station to Quintrell Downs is Newquay Station, which is located just a few miles away. From there, you can take a taxi or a bus to reach the village.
By Bus: There are several bus routes that connect Newquay to Quintrell Downs. The journey takes around 15 minutes, and buses run regularly throughout the day.
Unleash the Fun: Exciting Things to Do in Quintrell Downs
Quintrell Downs may be a small village, but there are plenty of exciting things to do here. Here are some of the top activities to try:
1. Walking Trails: Quintrell Downs is surrounded by beautiful countryside, and there are several walking trails that offer stunning views of the area. The Goss Moor Trail is a popular choice, as it takes you through a nature reserve and past several lakes.
2. Beaches: Quintrell Downs is just a short drive from some of the most beautiful beaches in Cornwall. Fistral Beach is a popular choice for surfers, while Watergate Bay is perfect for families.
3. Horse Riding: If you love horses, why not go for a ride in the countryside? There are several stables in and around Quintrell Downs that offer horse riding lessons and guided tours.
Book Your Stay in Quintrell Downs with Agoda.com
If you're planning a trip to Quintrell Downs, Agoda.com is the perfect place to book your accommodation. Agoda.com offers a wide range of hotels and other accommodation options in the area, from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxury hotels.
One of the top hotels in Quintrell Downs is Treviglos Lodge, which offers comfortable rooms and stunning countryside views. Another popular choice is the Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs), which is located just a short drive from the village and offers modern rooms and amenities.
The Best Time to Visit Quintrell Downs: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Quintrell Downs depends on your preferences and interests. Here's a seasonal guide to help you plan your trip:
1. Spring: Spring is a great time to visit Quintrell Downs, as the countryside comes alive with wildflowers and baby animals. The weather is mild, and there are fewer crowds than in the summer months.
2. Summer: Summer is the peak tourist season in Cornwall, and Quintrell Downs can get quite busy. However, the weather is warm and sunny, and there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy.
3. Autumn: Autumn is a great time to visit Quintrell Downs, as the leaves turn golden and the countryside takes on a magical quality. The weather is mild, and there are fewer crowds than in the summer months.
4. Winter: Winter is the quietest time of year in Quintrell Downs, but it can be a great time to visit if you're looking for a peaceful escape. The countryside is still beautiful, and there are plenty of cozy pubs and restaurants to enjoy.
Travel Tips: What You Need to Know Before Visiting Quintrell Downs
If you're planning a trip to Quintrell Downs, here are some travel tips to help you make the most of your visit:
1. Bring comfortable shoes: Quintrell Downs is a great place for walking, so make sure you bring comfortable shoes or boots.
2. Pack for the weather: The weather in Cornwall can be unpredictable, so make sure you pack for all eventualities. Bring a waterproof jacket and some warm layers, even in the summer months.
3. Book your accommodation in advance: Quintrell Downs is a popular destination, especially in the summer months, so make sure you book your accommodation in advance to avoid disappointment.
Where to Stay in Quintrell Downs: A Comprehensive Guide
If you're looking for accommodation in Quintrell Downs, there are several options to choose from. Here are some of the top hotels and guesthouses in the area:
1. Treviglos Lodge: This charming guesthouse offers comfortable rooms and stunning countryside views. The owners are friendly and welcoming, and the breakfast is delicious.
2. Premier Inn Newquay (Quintrell Downs): This modern hotel is located just a short drive from Quintrell Downs and offers comfortable rooms and amenities. The staff are friendly and helpful, and there is a restaurant on-site.
3. Hendra Park: This holiday park is located just a few miles from Quintrell Downs and offers a range of accommodation options, from caravans to lodges. The park has plenty of amenities, including a swimming pool and a restaurant.
Taste the Flavors of Quintrell Downs: What to Eat and Drink
Quintrell Downs may be a small village, but there are plenty of great places to eat and drink here. Here are some of the top options:
1. The Smugglers Den Inn: This traditional pub offers a range of local beers and ciders, as well as delicious pub grub. The atmosphere is cozy and welcoming, with a roaring fire in the winter months.
2. The Fox's Revenge: This gastropub is located just a short drive from Quintrell Downs and offers a range of delicious dishes made with locally-sourced ingredients. The menu changes regularly, so there's always something new to try.
3. The Stable: This restaurant specializes in pizza and cider, with a range of creative toppings and flavors to choose from. The atmosphere is relaxed and friendly, with live music on some evenings.
Getting Around Quintrell Downs: A Traveler's Guide
Quintrell Downs is a small village, and most of the attractions are within walking distance of each other. However, if you want to explore the surrounding area, here are some options:
1. Car: If you're driving, Quintrell Downs is easily accessible via the A30 or the A39. There is plenty of parking available in the village.
2. Bus: There are several bus routes that connect Quintrell Downs to Newquay and other nearby towns and villages. The buses are reliable and affordable.
3. Taxi: If you want to explore the area without driving, you can take a taxi. There are several taxi companies in the area, and the fares are reasonable.