More about Roxas
Discovering the Hidden Gems of Roxas, Palawan
Roxas is a hidden gem in Palawan, Philippines, that is often overlooked by travelers. This small town is located in the northern part of the island and offers visitors a chance to experience the beauty of Palawan without the crowds. Roxas is known for its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and laid-back atmosphere. It is the perfect destination for travelers who want to escape the hustle and bustle of the city and immerse themselves in nature.
One of the most interesting facts about Roxas is that it is home to the largest pearl in the world, the Pearl of Lao Tzu. This 14-pound pearl was discovered by a Filipino diver off the coast of Palawan in 1934. It is believed to be over 600 years old and is valued at over $100 million. Although the pearl is not on display in Roxas, visitors can learn about its history at the town's museum.
Why Roxas Should Be Your Next Philippine Destination
Roxas is a great destination for travelers who want to experience the beauty of Palawan without the crowds. Unlike other popular destinations in Palawan, such as El Nido and Coron, Roxas is still relatively undiscovered. This means that visitors can enjoy the town's stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters without having to fight for space with other tourists.
In addition to its natural beauty, Roxas is also a great destination for foodies. The town is known for its fresh seafood, which is caught daily by local fishermen. Visitors can enjoy a variety of seafood dishes, including grilled fish, shrimp, and squid. Roxas is also home to a number of small restaurants and street food vendors, where visitors can sample local delicacies.
Traveling to Roxas: A Comprehensive Guide
Roxas is located in the northern part of Palawan and can be reached by air or sea. The closest airport is in Puerto Princesa, which is approximately 2 hours away by car. Visitors can also take a ferry from Manila to Coron, and then take a van or bus to Roxas.
Once in Roxas, visitors can get around by tricycle or motorcycle. Tricycles are a common mode of transportation in Roxas and can be found throughout the town. Motorcycle rentals are also available for visitors who want to explore the surrounding areas.
Top 5 Fun Things to Do in Roxas, Palawan
1. Island Hopping - Roxas is surrounded by a number of small islands that are perfect for island hopping. Visitors can hire a boat and explore the nearby islands, which offer stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and great snorkeling opportunities.
2. Visit the Pearl Farm - The Pearl Farm in Roxas is a great place to learn about the history of pearl diving in Palawan. Visitors can take a tour of the farm and see how pearls are cultivated and harvested.
3. Explore the Mangrove Forest - Roxas is home to a large mangrove forest that is home to a variety of wildlife, including birds, monkeys, and fish. Visitors can take a boat tour of the mangrove forest and explore its hidden lagoons and channels.
4. Relax on the Beach - Roxas is home to a number of stunning beaches that are perfect for relaxing and soaking up the sun. Visitors can enjoy the town's laid-back atmosphere and spend their days lounging on the beach and swimming in the crystal-clear waters.
5. Try Local Cuisine - Roxas is known for its fresh seafood and local delicacies. Visitors can sample a variety of seafood dishes, including grilled fish, shrimp, and squid. The town is also home to a number of small restaurants and street food vendors, where visitors can try local specialties.
Book Your Roxas Accommodation with Agoda for a Hassle-Free Stay
Agoda.com offers a wide range of accommodation options in Roxas, Palawan, to suit every budget and preference. Whether you are looking for a luxury resort or a budget-friendly guesthouse, Agoda.com has something for everyone.
One of the best places to stay in Roxas is Modessa Island Resort. This stunning resort is located on a private island and offers guests a chance to escape the crowds and enjoy the beauty of Palawan in luxury. The resort offers a variety of activities, including island hopping, snorkeling, and kayaking.
Another great option is Mecaja Beach House. This beachfront guesthouse offers visitors a chance to experience the laid-back atmosphere of Roxas and enjoy its stunning beaches. The guesthouse offers a variety of rooms to suit every budget, from basic fan rooms to air-conditioned suites.
The Best Time to Visit Roxas: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Roxas is between December and May, when the weather is dry and sunny. During this time, visitors can enjoy the town's stunning beaches and crystal-clear waters without having to worry about rain or storms.
The rainy season in Roxas is between June and November, when the town experiences heavy rainfall and occasional typhoons. Although the town is still beautiful during this time, visitors should be prepared for wet weather and possible travel disruptions.
Expert Tips for Traveling to Roxas, Palawan
1. Bring Cash - Although there are a few ATMs in Roxas, they can be unreliable. Visitors should bring enough cash to cover their expenses, including accommodation, food, and activities.
2. Pack Light - Roxas is a small town, and visitors should pack light to make it easier to get around. It is also a good idea to bring a waterproof bag or backpack to protect your belongings from the rain.
3. Respect the Local Culture - Roxas is a small town with a strong sense of community. Visitors should respect the local culture and customs, including dressing modestly and avoiding loud or disruptive behavior.
Where to Stay in Roxas: A Guide to the Best Neighborhoods
Roxas is a small town, and most of the accommodation options are located near the beach or in the town center. The best neighborhoods to stay in Roxas are:
1. Baybay - This neighborhood is located on the beach and is home to a number of small guesthouses and resorts.
2. Poblacion - This is the town center of Roxas and is home to a variety of accommodation options, including guesthouses, hotels, and apartments.
What to Eat in Roxas: A Culinary Journey Through Palawan
Roxas is known for its fresh seafood and local delicacies. Some of the must-try dishes in Roxas include:
1. Grilled Fish - Freshly caught fish is grilled over an open flame and served with rice and vegetables.
2. Kinilaw - This is a local dish made with raw fish or shrimp that is marinated in vinegar, lime juice, and spices.
3. Adobo - This is a classic Filipino dish made with meat that is marinated in vinegar, soy sauce, and spices.
4. Seafood Platter - A platter of grilled seafood, including shrimp, squid, and fish, is a great way to sample the local cuisine.
5. Halo-Halo - This is a popular Filipino dessert made with shaved ice, sweet beans, fruits, and ice cream. It is a great way to cool down on a hot day.