More about Socorro
Discover the Hidden Gem of Siargao Island: Socorro
Socorro is a small town located in the northernmost part of Siargao Island, Philippines. It is a hidden gem that boasts some of the most breathtaking views and natural wonders that the Philippines has to offer. Despite its small size, Socorro has a lot to offer, from stunning beaches to crystal-clear lagoons, and is a must-visit destination for travelers looking to experience the beauty of the Philippines.
Top Reasons Why You Should Visit Socorro in Siargao Island
There are countless reasons why you should visit Socorro in Siargao Island, but here are a few of the top ones. First and foremost, Socorro is home to some of the most beautiful natural wonders in the Philippines, including the Sohoton Cove National Park, which features stunning lagoons and caves. Additionally, Socorro is an excellent destination for those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of city life and experience the laid-back island lifestyle. The town is also a great place to try out some water sports, such as surfing, kayaking, and paddleboarding.
How to Get to Socorro: Your Ultimate Travel Guide
The easiest way to get to Socorro is by flying to Siargao Island's Sayak Airport, which is serviced by several airlines, including Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines. From the airport, you can take a van or tricycle to the port of Dapa, where you can catch a boat to Socorro. The boat ride takes about an hour and costs around 150 PHP per person. Alternatively, you can also hire a private boat from Dapa to Socorro, which can cost between 2,500-3,000 PHP, depending on the size of the boat.
Unforgettable Things to Do in Socorro, Siargao Island
Socorro is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers, with plenty of activities to keep you busy during your stay. Here are some of the top things to do in Socorro:
- Explore the Sohoton Cove National Park: This is the main attraction in Socorro, and for good reason. The park features stunning lagoons, caves, and crystal-clear waters that are perfect for swimming and snorkeling.
- Visit the Magpupungko Rock Pools: These natural pools are located on the eastern side of Siargao Island and are a popular spot for swimming and cliff jumping.
- Go island hopping: There are several small islands around Socorro that are worth exploring, including the picturesque Naked Island and the stunning Guyam Island.
- Try your hand at surfing: While Socorro is not known for its surfing, there are still plenty of waves to be ridden, especially during the monsoon season.
Book Your Socorro Hotel with Agoda.com: Hassle-Free and Affordable
If you're planning a trip to Socorro, booking your hotel with Agoda.com is the best way to ensure a hassle-free and affordable experience. Agoda.com offers a wide range of accommodation options in Socorro, from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxury resorts. Whether you're traveling solo or with a group, you're sure to find the perfect hotel for your needs on Agoda.com.
The Best Time to Visit Socorro: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Socorro is during the dry season, which runs from November to April. During this time, the weather is sunny and dry, making it perfect for outdoor activities such as swimming, snorkeling, and island hopping. The monsoon season, which runs from May to October, can be rainy and windy, but it is also the best time for surfing.
Tips for First-Time Travelers to Socorro, Siargao Island
If you're planning your first trip to Socorro, here are a few tips to help you make the most of your experience:
- Pack light: Socorro is a small town, so you won't need to bring a lot of clothes or gear. Make sure to pack light and bring only the essentials.
- Bring cash: Most businesses in Socorro do not accept credit cards, so it's important to bring cash with you.
- Book your accommodations in advance: Socorro is a popular destination, especially during peak season, so it's important to book your accommodations in advance to ensure availability.
Where to Stay in Socorro: Top Accommodation Options
There are several great accommodation options in Socorro, ranging from budget-friendly guesthouses to luxury resorts. Here are a few of the top options:
- Club Tara Resort: This luxury resort is located on a private island and features stunning views of the sea. It offers a range of amenities, including a spa, restaurant, and bar.
- Hidden Island Resort: This eco-friendly resort is located on an island and offers a range of activities, including kayaking, paddleboarding, and island hopping.
- Sohoton Bay Resort: This resort is located near the Sohoton Cove National Park and offers a range of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and swimming pool.
- ROEXCIN Tourist Inn: This budget-friendly guesthouse is located in the heart of Socorro and offers basic amenities, including air conditioning and Wi-Fi.
- Balanghai Tara Sohoton Beach Resort: This beachfront resort is located near the Sohoton Cove National Park and offers a range of amenities, including a restaurant, bar, and swimming pool.
What to Eat in Socorro: A Foodie's Guide to Siargao Island
Socorro is a great place to try out some of the local cuisine, which is influenced by the island's proximity to the sea. Some of the must-try dishes in Socorro include fresh seafood, such as grilled fish and squid, as well as local delicacies, such as kinilaw (ceviche) and adobo. You can find these dishes at local restaurants and eateries around town.
Getting Around Socorro: Transportation Options
Socorro is a small town, so getting around is relatively easy. The best way to explore the town is on foot or by renting a bicycle or motorbike. You can also hire a tricycle or motorcycle taxi to take you around town. If you're planning to explore the surrounding islands, you can hire a boat or join an island hopping tour.