More about Tabin Wildlife Resort
Discover the Wonders of Tabin Wildlife Resort in Sandakan, Malaysia
Tabin Wildlife Resort is a beautiful nature reserve located in Sandakan, Malaysia. It is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure seekers. The resort is situated within the Tabin Wildlife Reserve, which boasts of a diverse range of flora and fauna. Covering an area of 122,500 hectares, the reserve is home to a variety of wildlife species such as the Borneo pygmy elephant, orangutans, gibbons, and many more.
Reasons Why Tabin Wildlife Resort Should Be Your Next Travel Destination
Tabin Wildlife Resort is an ideal destination for those who want to experience the beauty of nature and wildlife. The resort offers a wide range of activities that cater to all kinds of travelers. Whether you're looking for adventure, relaxation, or a bit of both, Tabin Wildlife Resort has something for you.
One of the main reasons to visit Tabin Wildlife Resort is to experience the beauty of the wildlife reserve. The reserve is home to a variety of endangered species, and visitors can get up close and personal with these animals. The resort offers guided tours, which are led by experienced guides who will take you through the reserve and show you the different species of animals that call it home.
Another reason to visit Tabin Wildlife Resort is to experience the natural beauty of the area. The resort is surrounded by lush rainforests, and visitors can take part in activities such as jungle trekking, bird watching, and river cruises. These activities allow visitors to explore the natural beauty of the area and get a glimpse of the diverse flora and fauna that call it home.
How to Get to Tabin Wildlife Resort: A Complete Guide
Getting to Tabin Wildlife Resort is relatively easy. The nearest airport is Sandakan Airport, which is located approximately 48 kilometers away from the resort. From the airport, visitors can take a taxi or hire a car to get to the resort. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Visitors can also choose to travel to Tabin Wildlife Resort by bus. The bus journey from Sandakan to Lahad Datu takes approximately 5 hours, and from there, visitors can take a taxi to the resort. The journey takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
Alternatively, visitors can choose to travel to Tabin Wildlife Resort by boat. The resort is located on the banks of the Segama River, and visitors can take a boat from Sandakan to the resort. The journey takes approximately 2 hours.
Experience the Best of Tabin Wildlife Resort: Fun Things to Do
Tabin Wildlife Resort offers a wide range of activities that cater to all kinds of travelers. Here are some of the fun things to do at the resort:
- Jungle Trekking: Explore the lush rainforests of the wildlife reserve by taking part in a guided jungle trekking tour. The tour takes visitors through the dense rainforests, where they can spot a variety of wildlife species.
- Night Safari: Experience the wildlife reserve at night by taking part in a guided night safari tour. The tour takes visitors through the reserve, where they can spot nocturnal animals such as civets, mouse deer, and tarsiers.
- River Cruise: Take a leisurely cruise down the Segama River and enjoy the scenic views of the wildlife reserve. Visitors can spot a variety of wildlife species, including proboscis monkeys, crocodiles, and hornbills.
- Bird Watching: Tabin Wildlife Resort is home to a variety of bird species, and visitors can take part in a guided bird watching tour to spot them. The resort offers binoculars and bird identification books to help visitors identify the different species of birds.
Book Your Stay at Tabin Wildlife Resort with Agoda.com
Agoda.com offers a wide range of accommodation options at Tabin Wildlife Resort. Visitors can choose from chalets, lodges, and campsites, depending on their budget and preferences. All the accommodation options are located within the wildlife reserve, allowing visitors to experience the beauty of nature up close.
Booking your stay at Tabin Wildlife Resort with Agoda.com is easy and hassle-free. Visitors can choose their preferred accommodation option and make their booking online. Agoda.com offers competitive prices and special deals, allowing visitors to save money on their accommodation.
The Best Time to Visit Tabin Wildlife Resort: A Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Tabin Wildlife Resort is between March and October. During this period, the weather is dry, and visitors can enjoy outdoor activities such as jungle trekking and river cruises. The temperature during this period ranges from 27°C to 32°C.
The rainy season in Tabin Wildlife Resort is between November and February. During this period, the weather can be unpredictable, and outdoor activities may be limited. However, visitors can still enjoy indoor activities such as bird watching and night safaris.
Top Tips for Travelers Planning a Trip to Tabin Wildlife Resort
Here are some top tips for travelers planning a trip to Tabin Wildlife Resort:
- Pack light and comfortable clothing: The weather in Tabin Wildlife Resort can be hot and humid, so it's important to pack light and comfortable clothing.
- Bring insect repellent: The wildlife reserve is home to a variety of insects, so it's important to bring insect repellent to avoid getting bitten.
- Book your accommodation in advance: Tabin Wildlife Resort is a popular destination, so it's important to book your accommodation in advance to avoid disappointment.
- Follow the rules and regulations of the wildlife reserve: To ensure the safety of visitors and wildlife, it's important to follow the rules and regulations of the wildlife reserve.
Where to Stay in Tabin Wildlife Resort: Accommodation Options
Tabin Wildlife Resort offers a wide range of accommodation options that cater to all kinds of travelers. Here are some of the accommodation options available:
- Chalets: The chalets at Tabin Wildlife Resort are equipped with air conditioning, hot showers, and comfortable beds. They are perfect for those who want to enjoy the beauty of nature without compromising on comfort.
- Lodges: The lodges at Tabin Wildlife Resort are ideal for families and groups. They are equipped with multiple bedrooms, a living room, and a kitchenette.
- Campsites: The campsites at Tabin Wildlife Resort are perfect for those who want to experience the beauty of nature up close. They are equipped with tents, sleeping bags, and basic amenities.
Indulge in Local Cuisine: What to Eat in Tabin Wildlife Resort
Tabin Wildlife Resort offers a variety of local and international cuisine. Here are some of the must-try dishes:
- Nasi Lemak: A popular Malaysian dish made with coconut rice, fried chicken, sambal, and fried anchovies.
- Laksa: A spicy noodle soup made with fish or chicken broth, noodles, and various spices.
- Satay: Grilled meat skewers served with peanut sauce.
- Sabah Vegetable Soup: A hearty soup made with local vegetables and meat.
Getting Around Tabin Wildlife Resort: Transportation Options
Tabin Wildlife Resort is a relatively small area, and visitors can explore it on foot. However, for those who want to explore the surrounding areas, there are several transportation options available. Visitors can hire a car or a taxi to explore the nearby towns and attractions. The resort also offers guided tours, which are led by experienced guides who will take visitors to the different attractions in the area.