More about Hung Yen Province
Discovering Hung Yen: Fun Facts and Reasons to Visit
Hung Yen is a province in the Red River Delta region of Vietnam, located approximately 60 kilometers southeast of Hanoi. Despite its small size, it is a charming destination that offers visitors a taste of authentic Vietnamese life. Here are some fun facts and reasons why you should visit Hung Yen:
- Hung Yen is known for its longan fruit, which is considered to be the best in Vietnam. The fruit is harvested between July and September, and visitors can enjoy it fresh or in various local dishes.
- The province is also famous for its traditional crafts, such as silk weaving, pottery, and wood carving. Visitors can watch artisans at work and purchase souvenirs to take home.
- Hung Yen has a rich history that dates back to the 3rd century BC. It was a crucial center of the Ly dynasty in the 11th century and played a significant role in the resistance against French colonial rule.
- The province boasts several beautiful temples and pagodas, including the Pho Hien Pagoda, which is considered to be one of the most significant Buddhist temples in Vietnam.
- Hung Yen is home to several festivals throughout the year, including the Longan Festival, the Pho Hien Cultural Festival, and the Vu Lan Festival. These events offer visitors a chance to experience the local culture and traditions.
Top Activities to Do in Hung Yen, Vietnam
Hung Yen may not be as well-known as other destinations in Vietnam, but it has plenty to offer visitors. Here are some of the top activities to do in Hung Yen:
- Visit the Pho Hien Pagoda: This ancient temple is a must-visit attraction in Hung Yen. It was built in the 7th century and is home to several valuable artifacts, including a bronze bell that dates back to the 17th century.
- Explore the Old Quarter: The Pho Hien Old Quarter is a charming area that is steeped in history. It was once a bustling commercial center during the 16th and 17th centuries, and visitors can still see the remnants of its past glory.
- Try the local cuisine: Hung Yen is known for its delicious dishes, such as longan sticky rice, crab noodle soup, and grilled snakehead fish. Visitors can sample these dishes at local eateries and street food stalls.
- Watch traditional crafts: Hung Yen is home to several traditional craft villages, such as the Van Giang Silk Village and the Phu Ung Pottery Village. Visitors can watch artisans at work and purchase handmade souvenirs.
- Attend a festival: Hung Yen hosts several festivals throughout the year, such as the Longan Festival and the Pho Hien Cultural Festival. These events offer visitors a chance to experience the local culture and traditions.
- Relax at a local spa: Hung Yen has several spas that offer traditional Vietnamese massages and other treatments. Visitors can unwind and rejuvenate after a long day of exploring.
How to Get to Hung Yen and Where to Stay
The nearest airport to Hung Yen is Noi Bai International Airport in Hanoi, which is approximately 70 kilometers away. From there, visitors can take a taxi or hire a car to reach Hung Yen. Alternatively, there are several buses and trains that run between Hanoi and Hung Yen.
When it comes to accommodation, there are several options available in Hung Yen. Some of the popular hotels in the area include Khach san Phuong Anh, Phumy Hotel, Tea Hotel, Hoang Anh Hotel Ha Nam, and Melia Grand Hotel. These hotels offer comfortable rooms, modern amenities, and excellent service. Visitors can book their stay through Agoda.com, which offers hassle-free and affordable hotel bookings.
Unforgettable Experiences: Fun Things to Do in Hung Yen
Hung Yen may not be as well-known as other destinations in Vietnam, but it has plenty to offer visitors. Here are some more fun things to do in Hung Yen:
- Visit the Hung Yen Museum: This museum showcases the history and culture of Hung Yen. It has several exhibits that detail the province's past, including its role in the resistance against French colonial rule.
- Explore the Bat Trang Pottery Village: This nearby village is known for its beautiful ceramics. Visitors can watch artisans at work and purchase handmade pottery.
- Take a boat ride on the Red River: The Red River flows through Hung Yen, and visitors can take a boat ride to see the scenic landscape and local life along the riverbanks.
- Visit the Pho Hien Night Market: This bustling market is held on the 14th and 15th of every lunar month. Visitors can shop for souvenirs, try local street food, and enjoy traditional performances.
- Attend a traditional wedding: Hung Yen is known for its traditional wedding ceremonies, which are held in the village of Phu Ung. Visitors can witness the customs and rituals of a Vietnamese wedding and enjoy a festive atmosphere.
- Explore the countryside: The countryside around Hung Yen is dotted with rice paddies, lotus ponds, and small villages. Visitors can rent a bike or hire a local guide to explore the area and see the local way of life.
Why Agoda.com is the Best Way to Book Your Hotel in Hung Yen
Agoda.com is a leading travel website that specializes in affordable and hassle-free hotel bookings. When it comes to finding the perfect hotel in Hung Yen, Agoda.com offers several advantages:
- Wide selection: Agoda.com offers a wide selection of hotels in Hung Yen, ranging from budget-friendly options to luxury accommodations.
- Competitive prices: Agoda.com offers competitive prices on its hotels, ensuring that visitors get the best value for their money.
- User-friendly interface: Agoda.com has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to search for and book hotels in Hung Yen.
- Secure pa