More about Jarvamaa
Discovering the Hidden Gems of Jarvamaa, Estonia
Jarvamaa, located in central Estonia, is a hidden gem that is waiting to be explored. This small and peaceful county is full of surprises and delights, from its stunning natural beauty to its rich cultural heritage. Here, you can experience the best of both worlds: the tranquility of rural life and the excitement of urban living.
One of the most unique things about Jarvamaa is its vast forests, which cover more than half of the county's area. These forests are home to an abundant variety of wildlife, including elk, deer, wild boar, and lynx. For nature lovers, hiking and camping in these forests is a must-do activity. The trails are well-marked, and there are plenty of camping sites to choose from.
But Jarvamaa is not just about nature. The county is also rich in history and culture. The town of Paide, which is the county seat, is home to some of the most fascinating historical sites in Estonia. The Paide Castle, which dates back to the 13th century, is a must-see attraction. The castle has been restored and now serves as a museum, where visitors can learn about the history of the castle and the county.
Top Reasons to Visit Jarvamaa: A Must-See Destination
There are many reasons why Jarvamaa should be on your travel bucket list. For one, the county offers a unique blend of natural beauty, cultural heritage, and modern amenities. Here are some of the top reasons to visit Jarvamaa:
1. Stunning natural landscapes: Jarvamaa is home to some of the most beautiful forests, lakes, and rivers in Estonia. The landscapes are perfect for hiking, camping, and other outdoor activities.
2. Rich history and culture: Jarvamaa has a fascinating history that dates back to the Middle Ages. The county is full of historical sites, museums, and cultural events that showcase the region's heritage.
3. Modern amenities: Despite its rural setting, Jarvamaa has all the modern amenities that travelers need, including comfortable hotels, restaurants, and shops.
4. Peaceful atmosphere: If you're looking for a peaceful getaway, Jarvamaa is the perfect destination. The county is quiet and tranquil, with little traffic and few crowds.
How to Get to Jarvamaa: Your Ultimate Travel Guide
Getting to Jarvamaa is easy, whether you're coming from Tallinn or another part of Estonia. The county is located in central Estonia, and there are several transportation options available.
By car: If you're driving from Tallinn, take the E263 south towards Paide. The journey takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes. There are plenty of car rental companies in Tallinn, and you can also rent a car in Paide.
By bus: There are several bus companies that operate between Tallinn and Paide. The journey takes about 1 hour and 30 minutes, and there are several departures throughout the day.
By train: There is a train station in Turi, which is about 30 minutes from Paide. The journey from Tallinn takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
By taxi: Taxis are available in Tallinn and can be booked in advance. The journey takes about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Unforgettable Things to Do in Jarvamaa: A Complete Guide
There are plenty of things to do in Jarvamaa, whether you're a nature lover, history buff, or foodie. Here are some of the top activities and attractions in the county:
1. Visit the Paide Castle: This 13th-century castle has been restored and now serves as a museum. Visitors can learn about the history of the castle and the county.
2. Explore the forests: Jarvamaa is home to some of the most beautiful forests in Estonia. The trails are well-marked, and there are plenty of camping sites to choose from.
3. Go fishing: Jarvamaa is home to several lakes and rivers that are perfect for fishing. You can catch pike, perch, and other fish species.
4. Try traditional Estonian cuisine: Jarvamaa is known for its traditional Estonian cuisine, which includes dishes like black bread, smoked fish, and sauerkraut.
5. Attend cultural events: Jarvamaa hosts several cultural events throughout the year, including festivals, concerts, and exhibitions.
Why Book Your Hotel in Jarvamaa with Agoda.com?
If you're planning a trip to Jarvamaa, booking your hotel with Agoda.com is the best way to ensure a hassle-free and affordable stay. Agoda.com offers a wide range of hotels in Jarvamaa, from budget-friendly options to luxury resorts. Here are some of the benefits of booking your hotel with Agoda.com:
1. Best price guarantee: Agoda.com guarantees the best prices on all hotel bookings, so you can be sure that you're getting the best deal.
2. Easy booking process: Booking your hotel with Agoda.com is quick and easy. Simply choose your dates and preferred hotel, and you're all set.
3. Wide selection of hotels: Agoda.com offers a wide range of hotels in Jarvamaa, from budget-friendly options to luxury resorts.
4. 24/7 customer service: Agoda.com offers 24/7 customer service, so you can get help with any issues or questions you have.
Best Time to Visit Jarvamaa: Seasonal Guide
The best time to visit Jarvamaa depends on your preferences and interests. Here's a seasonal guide to help you plan your trip:
Spring (March to May): Spring is a great time to visit Jarvamaa if you're a nature lover. The forests are in bloom, and the weather is mild.
Summer (June to August): Summer is the peak tourist season in Jarvamaa. The weather is warm, and there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy.
Fall (September to November): Fall is a great time to visit Jarvamaa if you want to avoid the crowds. The forests are full of color, and the weather is still mild.
Winter (December to February): Winter is a great time to visit Jarvamaa if you're a fan of winter sports. The county has several ski resorts, and the forests are perfect for snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
Expert Tips for Traveling to Jarvamaa, Estonia
Here are some expert tips to help you make the most of your trip to Jarvamaa:
1. Rent a car: Renting a car is the best way to explore Jarvamaa, as public transportation is limited.
2. Bring insect repellent: If you're planning to spend time in the forests, be sure to bring insect repellent to protect yourself from ticks and mosquitoes.
3. Learn some Estonian: While many people in Jarvamaa speak English, it's always helpful to know some basic Estonian phrases.
4. Dress in layers: The weather in Jarvamaa can be unpredictable, so it's best to dress in layers to stay comfortable.
Where to Stay in Jarvamaa: A Comprehensive Guide
There are plenty of accommodation options in Jarvamaa, from budget-friendly hostels to luxury resorts. Here are some of the top hotels in the county:
1. Paide SPA Hotell: This hotel is located in the heart of Paide and offers comfortable rooms, a spa, and a restaurant.
2. Paide B&B: This cozy bed and breakfast is located in a quiet residential area and offers comfortable rooms and a homely atmosphere.
3. Hostel Uskumatu: This budget-friendly hostel is located in the center of Paide and offers dormitory-style rooms and a shared kitchen.
4. Eistvere Manor Accommodation: This historic manor house has been converted into a hotel and offers comfortable rooms, a restaurant, and a sauna.
5. Jarva Jahindusklubi HOSTEL: This hostel is located in the heart of Jarvamaa's forests and offers basic accommodation in a beautiful natural setting.
What to Eat in Jarvamaa: A Foodie's Guide to Estonian Cuisine
Estonian cuisine is known for its hearty and comforting dishes, and Jarvamaa is no exception. Here are some of the top dishes to try in the county:
1. Black bread: This dense, dark bread is a staple of Estonian cuisine and is often served with butter and cheese.
2. Smoked fish: Jarvamaa is known for its smoked fish, which is often served with potatoes and vegetables.
3. Sauerkraut: This fermented cabbage dish is a popular side dish in Estonia and is often served with meat dishes.
4. Blood sausage: This traditional Estonian sausage is made with pork blood and barley and is often served with lingonberry jam.
Getting Around Jarvamaa: Your Complete Transportation Guide
Getting around Jarvamaa is easy, whether you're traveling by car, bus, or train. Here are some transportation options to consider:
1. Car rental: Renting a car is the best way to explore Jarvamaa, as public transportation is limited.
2. Bus: There are several bus companies that operate in Jarvamaa, and the fares are affordable.
3. Train: There is a train station in Turi, which is about 30 minutes from Paide. The trains are comfortable and affordable.
4. Taxi: Taxis are available in Jarvamaa, but they can be expensive. It's best to book a taxi in advance to avoid overpaying.